Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


It's Mother's Day and I have been treated to some beautiful treats from my family. I received a great Don Moen CD from my husband, and a card from my son. My daughter handmade me some wonderful things for my garden, a new ladybug rock, a flower for my desk, a little nut and a cutely decorated shell.

She is very creative and knows how much I LOVE homemade gifts. She helped the little girl from next door create a set for her mom too.
I have been banned from the back porch for the past week and now I know why.
After a very nice church service (2) we came home, DH made a delicious dinner and we had a relaxing day. I love them when we can get them...especially since the next week will be crazy.

Now to knitting........
* I tried to create a little purse with some Merino wool and some varigated wool, but it didn't quite felt the way I had planned. It will still work once I add a lining to it....just wanted to try something new!
* My BBS socks are quickly moving along now. I realized this afternoon that I CAN knit AND read at the same time. AWESOME! I'm into the Sixth Convenant by Bodie & Brock Theone, and if I can knit and read I'm doubly happy.

* I decided last night that I had better start a baby afghan for the art teacher at my school. She will soon be having baby #2. My dilemma is that I never want to make two blankets the same way so what to do? I decided, with help with from DD, to use lots of bold colors mixed with a cream. Holding to strands at a time I am knitting it on size 15's using a dishcloth-type pattern. Something different!

Time to go! little one needs to go to bed!

No comments: