Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weeding and sickness

I started the day thinking I would tackle the weeds in my garden before they take me over. I did get through the front garden and part of my rock garden but then my allergies decided to get the best of me. After 3 hours of weeding tiny tree sprouts and dandelions (why can't they just stay in theyard where they can be mowed over?) my sinuses decided to scream in protest. So I quit....so many weeds too little time.

I took a quick trip to the big city Massena and let my DD and her friend play in the playground while I knit for awhile. I love knitting in the sun sitting on a blanket. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Unfortunately my BBS (Big Black Socks) for Socks for soldiers take FOREVER. I keep working on them every day, but I have found I need some sort of diversion or I will go crazy. For now it is some scarves to do some stashbusting!

I just finshed this simple garter stitch scarf with some beautiful needle a friend gave to me. We "found" a beautiful yarn store in Rochester, Spirit Work knitting & design, as we were coming home from Niagara Falls.(I say found because I drove about an hour out of the way, and prayed I would be able to find it!) I was really only looking for some size 2 circular needles, but I did purchase some other finds along the way. Once we got home, she handed me these gorgeous needles and of course I had to try them ASAP.



so simple....i wish I knew what the yarn brand and name is, but my DD found it at a local store in a baggie for 50 cents. So of course she grabbed it for her mama. (I have her so well trained!)

No comments: