Monday, January 19, 2009

I hate frogging!!!!

DId I ever mention I hate FROGGING??? BTW - FROG is my fav curse word.

I worked one Christmas Eve Cabled Mitt last night. It was progressing great.
Put them down for the night, marked the pattern so I wouldn't get lost. All seems good - right?

Woke up this morning, had my coffee, shower, picked up the mitt and it looked weird, strange , definitely not right. SO I tried to figure out where I was in the cables.....yeah right!! Not for the life of me (mind you the last time I cabled was probably 8 or 9 years ago - and I think I only did it once!) !!!!UGH!! The more I looked at the pattern it looked as though I had down 2 back cables together. So i checked the pattern and lo and behold, that's what the pattern called for....but it didn't look right !! SO I Frogged the whole thing right back to the cuff and started again. ( This FROG occuring right after I had to completely frog one complete Latvian inspired mitten becuase I put the thimb in wrong AND the tension was too tight!)

I did get it finish the first mitt today. I decided to change the pattern and make that second back cable to a front and it does look much better. Maybe it's just me but oh well~ I am about up to the cable part again on the second one, but after what happened before, I decided to wait until I could do it all in one sitting.

No comments: